Model S and Model 3
Tesla Door Seal Kit provides an economical solution for cabin noise of Tesla vehicles.
- Clean the door where the rubber bands will stick to with damp cloth and make sure there is no dust at all. Let dry completely before install;
- Peel off the backing from the rubber band and line up with the door edge;
- Make sure the rubber band align with the car door before laying it down;
- Cut the opening for rain drainage at the bottom of doors;
- Trim extra rubber band.
Note after install
- Press hard on the doors to make the seal fit better.
- After installation, leave the door opened for about 20 minutes.
- After installation, do not wash your car for about 3 days; Try not to open the door repeatedly for 24 hours.
- After installation, it will feel a little too tight when you close the door. That is completely normal, give it some time.
It´s a common fact, that driving in a Tesla, especially on a highway, can be loud. They are just not sealed properly. And that´s where this kit comes in. This is basically a must have item, no doubt about that.